Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

No longer view 'print size' in CS6

Apr 5, 2013 4:52 AM

HI,

Whenever I run 'updates' for Photoshop CS6 the 'view' > 'print size' option disappears & has been replaced with 100% which is not the same thing! I am a designer & need to view 'actual scale' on screen while working & 100% is much, much bigger than this. I have tried playing with the screen pixel ratio & modes as I am on a retina 13" macbook pro but this doesn't make what I see 'real size' on 100% mode either. Can anypme make any suggestions as obviously I want to benefit from the other functions that the updates provide without this function being disabled. Each time I try running the updates, the same thing happens & I have to reinstall Photoshop from my original CD (therefore loosing all my saved brushes & patterns which is annoying). Any suggestions let me know, thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2013 8:39 AM   in reply to Emily Ellers

Here is Adobe's response...

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/no-print-size-button-zoom.html

The other option is use a Windows machine as that option has not been removed.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 5:43 PM   in reply to Paul Riggott

Any idea why this was removed? It was in CS6 but disappeared 'upgrading' to CC.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 5:52 PM   in reply to markS

CC has not been released yet.   

The feature was removed in CS6, but apparently it's back in CC (Photoshop 14.x) which will be released on June 17.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 6:15 PM   in reply to station_two

"CC has not been released yet"!?

I'm confused. I have been subscribing to Creative Cloud (CC) since November so I am not sure what you mean by this. I downloaded and installed Photoshop CS6 on a new Mac in January from Creative Cloud (CC). I am also using Photoshop CS6 at work (in education). It is the original 'standalone' installation and has the View > Print Size option. My PS CS6 (CC) does not. It will be good to see it return in what I thought was an update to Creative Cloud as it a useful way to demonstrate the importance of setting preferences (Units and Rulers).

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 8:52 PM   in reply to markS

markS wrote:

"CC has not been released yet"!?

I'm confused. …My PS CS6 (CC) does not…

Yes, you are confused. That's what I am trying to explain to you.    You do NOT have PhotoshopCC.  You have a subscription to Photoshop CS6, which resides on the cloud, but it is not called Photoshop CC yet.  What you have is Photoshop 13.x through a cloud subscription and it is called Photoshop CS6.

images.jpg

On June 17, it will automatically upgrade and morph into Photoshop CC, a.k.a. Photoshop 14.x, and it will indeed have the "Print Size" button, plus the application will have a new icon and splash screen somewhat along these lines (going out on a limb now, as I have no confirmation of the final design):

photoshop_cc_totem_5in_300ppi-100035530-large.png

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 8:53 PM   in reply to markS

markS wrote:

…I am also using Photoshop CS6 at work (in education). It is the original 'standalone' installation and has the View > Print Size option…

Then it must be CS5 (Photoshop 12.x).  Check it out at your workplace.  The Print Size button is absent in CS6 (Photoshop 13.x).  It will be back in CC (Photoshop 14.x) on june 17.

I hope we can start referring to Photoshop versions again by digits (numbers) and do away with this CS and CC cr@p.  Adobe has created enough confusion already.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 27, 2013 10:44 PM   in reply to station_two

station_two wrote:

plus the application will have a new icon

Anything's possible, but I have a feeling it might be a more subtle change...

PsIcons.png

station_two wrote:

and splash screen

I won't spill all the beans just yet, but note the theme of the Creative Cloud graphic....

SSTheme.jpg

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 27, 2013 10:49 PM   in reply to station_two

By the way, the View - Print Size option went away DURING Photoshop CS6's reign.  It happened simultaneously with the introduction of Retina display support.

13.0.0 has it

13.0.1 has it

13.0.2+ does NOT have it

13.1.0+ does NOT have it

14.0 will have it again, as station_two has said, though there will be no button for it in the Zoom Tool options bar.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 12:22 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

The "more subtly changed" icons you show are a relief from the gaudy ones someone provided me.  Thanks!

PsIcons.png

Picture 1.png

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2013 5:35 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

It's gone in the latest version of Photoshop CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2013 5:49 PM   in reply to geshultz

No, Print size is there in Photoshop CC.

View -> Fit on Screen, 100%, 200%, Print Size

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2013 5:53 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Ah yes, found it! Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status