Skip navigation
dmstier
Currently Being Moderated

Simple default configuration options -- are these possible?

Apr 5, 2013 10:56 AM

I've used DW for decades, years at least, and there is very little I do NOT like about it.  But there are some simple configuration options I would like to see and cannot find.  Are any of these possible?

1) "new site" always opens the window for browsing for the new site root in the root folder of the last accessed site.  I bet that location is never correct for anyone.  My preference would be to default to one level up in the directory tree, since it reasonable that a web developer has all his/her sites in some general work folder.

2) A related but broader issue with Adobe's tools is the location selected for the "save as" dialog.  It, too is generally the last-accessed directory (for the new file type), and if I do't take a breath before clicking "save" I often loose the file.  The only solution is to go back to DW or FW, etc and select "open recent" and find the file, then move it.  How about an option that says "default new file location to the currently active folder".

3) An ongoing issue with CS6 and the Creative Cloud subscription is having the update process over-writing my keyboard definition files.  I have posted a few times to the Adobe bug forum, but it keeps happening.  I'd like an option during an update that says "we're going to trash your configuration files, would you like to make a copy of them first?"  A DW update almost always costs me 30 minutes to reset my keyboard definitions and preferences.

4) Make column widths persistent in the "files...local files" panel (and others, I suppose).  In my workspace I always show local files.  Some have long filenames, and every time I open a site I have to slide the column dividers so I can see the full filenames.  I thought in earlier DW versions you could select which columns to display, but I can't find that in  CS6; if that option was available, I'd turn all columns off execpt file name (that's just how I work).

I realize some of these items are perhaps "wish list", and #3 is a bug, and should be handled elsewhere.  But my hope in posting here is that there are actually already ways to accomplish these which I just have not found...  Thanks.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points