Skip navigation
johnclford
Currently Being Moderated

DVD menu in Encore from DVD markers in timeline

Apr 5, 2013 12:20 PM

How can I use the DVD markers on the timeline in Premiere Pro (thus also in Encore) to build a DVD menu in Encore. In premiere pro 2 where the DVD authoring was included the DVD markers automatically presented themselves as a DVD menu.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to johnclford

I am not sure that I am following you, but in Encore, one adds the necessary Menus (Main, and if needed Scene Selection) manually. The Chapter Markers allow one to link Buttons, from those Menus to them. Is that what you mean by the following"

to build a DVD menu in Encore.

PrPro 2.0 allowed some simple and semi-automated navigation construction. Encore is basically a manual authoring program, but allows far, far more power, than PrPro 2.0 ever did.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to johnclford

There is no option like that now. But the Menu -> Create Chapter Index gets pretty close if you use on of the library "submenu" options.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS185296FB-D1BB-4d52-ABC4- 316DF795FD05.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 3:57 PM   in reply to johnclford

I edit most Projects into "scenes" or "chapters," on separate Sequences. In Encore, I usually have one En Timeline per Sequence, or Chapter. However, one CAN have one long Timeline, where the Chapters are deliniated via Markers.

When you say "I cannot get more than one scene in the menu." I am not sure that I am following you. You should be able to have 16, or 32 (depends on the Aspect Ratio of the Menu) Buttons, per Menu (total Buttons), and each linked to a Chapter in your Encore Timeline. What exactly is happening, when you try to link your Buttons to the Chapters?

Good luck, and let us know a bit more, as I do not think that you will need to re-do your Project in PrPro, or probably not even in Encore.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 5:29 PM   in reply to johnclford

Though this is starting to get squarely in the wheelhouse of the Encore Forum, let's try this.

Do not drag/drop a Marker. Open you Menu in the Title Editor Panel (Dbl-click on it in the Project Panel). There, you can link your Buttons to to the Chapter with the Pickwhip (little spiral icon), located in the Properties Panel, at Link.

Hope that helps, If not, maybe a MOD can Branch this to the Encore Forum, which is very good, and very active.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 7:29 PM   in reply to johnclford
    When I try to link (drag and drop) a chapter marker from the timeline into the menu area (orphan or flow chart), after I have selected a menu and buttons from the library, it simply reverts to the sequence 1. If I try to add another chapter marker it replaces the first.

Follow Bill's directions. I'll  just say that I have no problem doing what you describe and getting multiple buttons and chapters. The only way I can approximate what you describe is to drag to the same button.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points