Skip navigation
UAB Kim0591
Currently Being Moderated

How to copy a graph from PowerPoint to Illustrator?

Apr 5, 2013 1:19 PM

Tags: #illustrator #compatibility #powerpoint #cs6 #graphpad

I've used earlier version of Adove Illustrator without any problem, but once I start trying CS6, I cannot copy a graph that I inserted from GraphPad to Microsoft PowerPoint. I converted GraphPad file from version 6 to version 5 and then some of file can be copied & pasted to Illustrator Artboard. Most of them cannot be copied properly. It shows only axis title with empty box way far away from Artboard.  Can anyone has seen same problem to this?

Please, help me!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2013 10:01 PM   in reply to UAB Kim0591

Lately I have been finding that copy/pasting between microsoft and adobe apps are bitmapped instead of vector paths. The only solution I have found so far is to export to a file, pdf seams to work just fine, but I don't recall if powerpoint supports pdf or not, but if you have acrobat installed, then it it should be available.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to Silkrooster

I was able to copy from powerpoint 2008 on mac and paste into AICS6 mac. I get vector graphs when the graphs have shading limited to a gradient, but get bitmapped graphs on the 2nd tubular one for example below. The default font calibri also give me !#$, btu that is fixed by changing the font in powerpoint.

Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 2.15.22 PM.png

I do not get to work much with graphs, but wanted to add what I found incase this post helps anyone.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points