Skip navigation
rbtjonas
Currently Being Moderated

Premier Pro CS6 crashing at Quit

Apr 5, 2013 3:58 PM

Tags: #pro #crashes #premier

Premier Pro CS6 has begun crashing at Quit.  I've run Disk Warrier and MacKeeper.  I've run Disk Utility several times.  Someone suggested that I trash PP preferences and other PP associated files.  I'm not sure I can find all such files.  Can anyone help with this? 

Thanks,

Robert

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2013 4:01 PM   in reply to rbtjonas

Robert,

I would look over this FAQ Entry: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961741?tstart=0 and provide a bit more info, so that someone can more easily help you.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 4:06 PM   in reply to rbtjonas

Sounds like you're on MacOS.  Have you installed all the updates?  Have you sent the crash reports to Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 7:52 PM   in reply to rbtjonas

Use the Adobe crash reporter that comes up after the Apple crash reporter.

Or paste the report here and we'll see what we can figure out.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 5:13 AM   in reply to rbtjonas

Try this quick fix: Launch Pr from a shortcut (not a project file) and hold down the Opt/Alt+Shift keys.  Keep them pressed until the Welcome screen appears.  What that does is reset your Preferences and the plug-in cache.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 9:46 AM   in reply to rbtjonas

The Adobe crash report dialog should appear after the Apple crash report dialog, unless you've disabled it in the past.

First, save the crash log as a text file instead of a word doc (how did it get into a word doc?).

Then either paste it here, or send it to me and I'll forward it to the premiere engineers.

Without reading the report, we don't know what might be involved - that's why we need to see the crash report.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 12:22 PM   in reply to rbtjonas

Jeff, you suggest that I hold down the Opt/Alt+Shift keys on start up.  I'm guessing that on my Mac, this would be the Opt/Command+Shift keys.

No.  I didn't know for sure you were on a Mac, so I included the Windows key equivalent -- Alt.  In your case, just hold down Opt+Shift to reset prefs and clear the plug-in cache.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 8:51 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

I am also expierencing frequent crashes when premiere quits.

here's the log.

Process:         Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 [10456]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

Identifier:      com.adobe.AdobePremierePro

Version:         6.0.2 (6.0.2)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [156]

User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2013-04-06 21:00:54.676 -0400

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

Report Version:  10

Interval Since Last Report:          72042 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           2

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  23541 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   2

Anonymous UUID:                      65E91A24-2173-C326-1486-2F27F0515D0E

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   com.adobe.premiere.frontend             0x000000010c72b74b FE::Application::AttemptPanicProjectSave() + 21

1   com.adobe.premiere.frontend             0x000000010c78327c UnixInterruptSignal(int) + 44

2   com.adobe.dvacore.framework             0x0000000100279b15 (anonymous namespace)::SignalHandler(int, __siginfo*, void*) + 261

3   libsystem_c.dylib                       0x00007fff9062694a _sigtramp + 26

4   libsystem_c.dylib                       0x00007fff9063dbf9 pthread_mutex_lock + 20

5   com.adobe.VideoRenderer.framework          0x00000001042efcae StrongPluginIDMap::ReleaseReference(int) + 40

6   com.adobe.VideoRenderer.framework          0x0000000104303246 ML::SDKCallback_PrSDKVideoSegmentSuite_ReleaseVideoNodeID(int) + 22

7   com.adobe.RendererGPU.framework          0x00000001260a49ac VideoNodeIDOwner::~VideoNodeIDOwner() + 150

8   com.adobe.RendererGPU.framework          0x00000001260a43e9 boost::detail::sp_counted_impl_p<VideoNodeIDOwner>::dispose() + 33

9   com.adobe.RendererGPU.framework          0x00000001260a2a24 VideoNode::~VideoNode() + 66

10  com.adobe.RendererGPU.framework          0x00000001260a5566 VideoMediaNode::~VideoMediaNode() + 30

11  com.adobe.RendererGPU.framework          0x000000012608ef2d RenderNodeBase::~RenderNodeBase() + 133

12  com.adobe.RendererGPU.framework          0x000000012602b8f5 RendererGPU::NestedTimelineNode::~NestedTimelineNode() + 79

13  com.adobe.RendererGPU.framework          0x000000012602b962 RendererGPU::NestedTimelineNode::Release() + 50

14  com.adobe.RendererGPU.framework          0x00000001260233f0 std::_Rb_tree<ASL::InterfaceRef<IRenderNode, IRenderNode>, ASL::InterfaceRef<IRenderNode, IRenderNode>, std::_Identity<ASL::InterfaceRef<IRenderNode, IRenderNode> >, std::less<ASL::InterfaceRef<IRenderNode, IRenderNode> >, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<ASL::InterfaceRef <IRenderNode, IRenderNode> > >::_M_erase(std::_Rb_tree_node<ASL::InterfaceRef<IRenderNode, IRenderNode> >*) + 106

15  com.adobe.RendererGPU.framework          0x00000001260233bc std::_Rb_tree<ASL::InterfaceRef<IRenderNode, IRenderNode>, ASL::InterfaceRef<IRenderNode, IRenderNode>, std::_Identity<ASL::InterfaceRef<IRenderNode, IRenderNode> >, std::less<ASL::InterfaceRef<IRenderNode, IRenderNode> >, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<ASL::InterfaceRef <IRenderNode, IRenderNode> > >::_M_erase(std::_Rb_tree_node<ASL::InterfaceRef<IRenderNode, IRenderNode> >*) + 54

16  libsystem_c.dylib                       0x00007fff9067f307 __cxa_finalize + 200

17  libsystem_c.dylib                       0x00007fff90680f57 exit + 15

18  com.adobe.AdobePremierePro              0x0000000100003623 start + 59

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 10:12 PM   in reply to frankyfrankyfrankyfranky

The primary cause is that Premiere attempts to release a mutex that wasn't initialized or was previously deleted.  That isn't clear because of a secondary bug in the error handling crashed after that, hiding the details of the original bug.  All of this happend in a static destructor that really looks like it should not have happened at static destruction time.  It looks suspiciously like the timeline GPU node somehow wasn't freed properly at exit, and waited until static destruction time where destruction order problems caused it to fail.

I'm not sure why this would crash repeatably on one system and not others - unless there was something different about the configuration, perhaps a GPU related plugin that changes the order of destruction of the application internal structures.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 11:43 AM   in reply to rbtjonas

PM = Private Message.  Click on Chris' name in any of his posts, then on the page that opens, look under the Actions title in the top right corner and choose Send Private Message.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 7:26 AM   in reply to rbtjonas

I think the only way is to move the folder where they're installed.  Of course, that means you'd have to put them back when you want to use ProTools.

In the past, if VST plug-ins were causing the crashes, you could launch Pr multiple times until the crashes stopped.  Each time a VST plug-in causes a crash, Pr blacklists that plug-in.  When all the problem plug-ins are blacklisted, the crashing should stop.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

The blacklisting only works if it crashes inside the plugin. If the plugin causes problems elsewhere in the app, Premiere doesn't know that the plugin was the cause.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2013 10:27 AM   in reply to rbtjonas

Hi everybody !!

I had the exact same problem (PPro CS6 was crashing anytime i tried to quit). I don't know if my solution will work for everybody but it worked for me !!

The crashes started three weeks ago when i accidently open "Disk Drill" (HD manager,cleaner). At first i didn't make the conection because i tought i'd close "Disk Drill" right away. The thing is, "Disk Drill" wasn't close, it was on background operating...

Once i've notice that, I closed it (for good this time), and VOILA PPro stoped crashing.

So my solution is : close every HD manager, cleaner or any other software related to HD (that must be some kind of conflict in the autorisations).

Hope it will work for all of you or at least driving you to your own solution !

Edit : @rbtjonas : try to close Disk Warrior and others (in your case)

NaZa Giral

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points