Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 Keyboard Shortcuts

Apr 5, 2013 6:27 PM

Tags: #keyboard_shortcuts #indesign_cs6

I use Photoshop and Illustrator CS6 extensively, and as I am finally coming around to use InDesign CS6 as well I'm finding it to be very disappointing in the keyboard shortcut functionality. I'm wondering if this is a bug, working as intended, or simply something I need help figuring out how to work with properly. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 32 bit, and all my CS6 applications are fully up-to-date.

My main issues are these -

Using view shortcuts with a 0 or 1 (such as ctrl-0/1, ctrl-alt-0, and ctrl-alt-shift-0) requires me to use the number strip at the top of the keyboard, whereas with Photoshop and Illustrator I'm able to use the much more desirable numpad keys.

I'm unable to change these hotkeys properly, as when I create a new keyboard shortcut set based on default, and go to add/change these shortcuts, the ctrl alt and shift keys are disabled. So even though I can set numpad keys the lack of function keys renders this functionality completely useless.

This is extremely frustrating and I would appreciate any help in remedying the situation, thanks.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points