Skip navigation
abasil
Currently Being Moderated

How can I speed up editing on my Macbook Air?

Apr 5, 2013 4:53 PM

It's all getting slower and slower. Have my files on an external harddrive. Display monitor show 1/4 resolution. Still it is becoming impossible to edit as every step I am doing is taking forever now (apple taking time to process). Am I doing something wrong? Are their easy ways to speed this up? I wouldn't care if resolution was only 10% or less. Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2013 7:25 PM   in reply to abasil

Since note everyone knows the details of that computer... how about providing those details?

CPU... GPU... CPU Speed... Ram size... Hard drive size and % free... external connection type... what you are editing

Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 9:54 AM   in reply to abasil

That is pretty common, that things slow down when you put the system under heavy load. That system is underspecced for editing almost anything, but it might meet Adobe requirements for installation. Not for using the software in practice however.

Simply said: Get a new system.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to abasil

I have a MBA as well, and I wouldn't dream of editing on it.  Just too underpowered in so many ways.  I agree that your solution is to edit on a different machine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points