Skip navigation
kusaiii
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS6 (mac) unable to use search bar

Apr 5, 2013 5:01 PM

Tags: #file #problem #help #photo #bridge #mac #files #filename #thumbnails #cache #metadata #cs6 #bridge_cs6

Hello,

Trying to use the search bar to locate ALL CR2 files located within respective folders.  I tried a very simple test: one folder, within that folder 5 folders each containing ONLY CR2 files, I 'search' for CR2's and there are no files located simply 'No items to Display'.  This has worked for months, it worked this morning and now all of a sudden it stopped working.  No updates were done, no changes to Photoshop or Bridge, it just stopped working as far as I know.  The updates have now been downloaded and installed, Bridge is now 5.0.2.04, and Photoshop 13.0.4.  Yet with the updates no resolution to a very simple task.

SPECS:

Mac OS X LION

version 10.7.5

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor

4 GB Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Not sure what other information is needed, please help since I need to process thousands of files and it has always made sense to simply search for all the files with the same file type instead of having to manually click into every single folder.  Like i said before, this worked this morning, where did it go wrong?

thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2013 7:17 PM   in reply to kusaiii

Search needs to have the folders indexed.  Indexing can be done by viewing the folder - and waiting for the spinning arrow to stop.  You can also index and find files in folders that are not indexed by clicking on "include non-indexed folders" at the bottom of search window.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points