Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

cropping

Apr 6, 2013 3:47 PM

I cannot resize my photos to work with Costco program.  I don't want to cut the photo, just resize it?

Help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2013 4:27 PM   in reply to wmdobbs

More details would be helpful. What is the final product you wish to produce? What do you mean you can't resize your photos? What steps are you following? What happens when you try? Some of us don't know what the "Costco program" is.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 4:41 PM   in reply to wmdobbs

If the original photo you are working with is not 5x7 aspect ratio (most cameras produce 2x3 or close to it), then the you must crop the photo to 5x7. There really isn't any other way to get a 5x7.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 4:53 PM   in reply to wmdobbs

Anything else you try distorts the photos ... it makes things wider or narrower or taller or shorter.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 5:14 PM   in reply to wmdobbs

It is useful, but it seems like you have misunderstood its purpose.

If you have a photo that is, for example, 3000x2000 pixels, you could resize it smaller for e-mail without changing the aspect ratio, so for example it is now 600x400. No distortion happens in this case, and the photo is now smaller and a more appropriate size for e-mail. That is the purpose of the resize function.

You could also resize it to a different aspect ratio, say 2100x1500, which is a 5x7 aspect ratio (actually 7x5), but this distorts the image and most photographers don't like that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points