Skip navigation
warmkiss
Currently Being Moderated

HDV = Grainy & Blurry Why? CS6

Apr 6, 2013 5:40 PM

Tags: #exporting #hdv #cs6 #grainy #blurry #native #noisy

HDV Footage looks grainy/noisy after import to premier. The project was opened with the HDV sequence settings. I took a screen-capture from the raw HDV MPEG2 File in both premier and other programs/players and it looks fine in others but grainy and ruined in premier.

I exported some files, they look Decent in 720p but blurry and/or grainy at 1080x1440i. I doubt this is an export problem. I tried countless formats MPEG2 (the default) I tried mimicking HDV 25MBS etc I tried MP4 and all look blurry and or grainy. Why does Premier even have to process files before use? I'm no novice and I've played with/checked my sequence settings, project settings etc.
There must be something off, even cheap pro-sumer programs have native HDV support and can process an HDV video lossless if no effects are added and near-lossless when effects are added.
Someone please help?
Thank you in advance =/

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2013 5:59 PM   in reply to warmkiss

What is the source of your footage? I bring in HDV video (tapeless/M2T) from a Sony Z5U (1440 x 1080p) all the time with PPro CS6 with standard settings and the quality is not grainy or blurry after import and when the final sequence is exported. What do you mean by "Premiere has to process files before use"?

4-6-2013 6-52-12 PM.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 6:39 PM   in reply to warmkiss

Is the source footage progressive or interlaced? Could the problem be PPro is interpreting interlaced as progressive? In the Project Manager, if you right-click on a footage file, Modify->Interpret Footage, you might need to select the correct field order.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 3:57 PM   in reply to warmkiss
    I thought Premier would read that M2V file natively, but it doesn't.

The format itself isn't an issue as I can import M2V without a problem.  So it's something specific about that file.

I'd recommend recapturing using Premiere Pro or HDVSplit.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 6:27 PM   in reply to warmkiss

Is this image captured from Premiere ?

Do you have your playback and pauses resolutions set to full ?

Glenn

playback-resolution.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 9:49 PM   in reply to warmkiss

I'll attach a zoom of the problem

Hard to tell much from that without knowing exactly what it should look like.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 8:14 AM   in reply to warmkiss

Well, again I suggest recapturing using PP or HDVSplit.  See if that makes a difference.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points