Skip navigation
CamsewSR
Currently Being Moderated

Converting expression web 4 to Dreamweaver

Apr 6, 2013 7:19 PM

Tags: #cs6

I have built my business website using expression web 4, but would like to switch to Dreamweaver is it possible to use my existing website in Dreamweaver.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2013 7:52 PM   in reply to CamsewSR

Websites consist of HTML, JS, CSS and serverside code. I don't know expression web 4, but I assume that it is not dissimilar with the exception that the website is slanted towards MS scripts such as ASP.NET, Visual Basic etc.

The basics remain true for all websites and I see no reason why DW cannot be used.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 2:42 AM   in reply to CamsewSR

Hello,

in my library I found some hints. Please have a look here:

http://www.pixelmill.com/(xgfix41373co6sips0xaumyt)/support/support_ar ticle.aspx?ParentListID=al1054&articleid=kb101251 > see: There are two ways that you may import files into your FrontPage or Expression Web site. And here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/458377.

Good luck!

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 3:19 AM   in reply to CamsewSR

Hello,

you are very welcome and the same to you! Please come back, if there are more questions, best with a link to your website, no matter how it looks like.

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 5:15 AM   in reply to CamsewSR

DW ignores FP Extensions and uses ordinary FTP to up- and download files to the site. This will break FP extensions' ability to coordinate legacy page calls to things like shared borders or form proccessing, so it's basically a one-way street once you start using DW with FTP.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points