Skip navigation
DavCou
Currently Being Moderated

How to make DVD Menu Buttons work in DVD Player (TV)?

Apr 7, 2013 2:18 AM

Prem El 11

I have burnt DVD using template. Works fine in preview as relevant button shows red bullet on selection. Playing DVD on computer moving mouse over button shows finger so you know it's selected but on a DVD player (connected to TV) the navigation buttons on remote do not make button change at all so you do not know if you've selected Play or Scene Selection for example. I am using the Sports - Extreme template; is this a template or a generic issue?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2013 5:42 AM   in reply to DavCou

If the navigation works in preview and the disc works on your computer, then the problem is not with the DVD files or the software. It's happening somewhere between the disc and the disc player.

This can happen if a disc is burned at too fast a speed or if you are using a poor quality disc, like a Memorex.

Try this: Rather than burning directly to a disc, select the option to burn to a folder on your hard drive. Then use the free download ImgBurn to burn the VIDEO_TS folder that this process creates to a disc. Make sure you select the option to verify the disc after it is burned.

If you've done this and your disc player still can't navigate, then the problem is that the disc playeris not fully compatible with home-burned disc -- which use a very different process to save their data than commercial discs.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 7:46 AM   in reply to DavCou

Link to the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 11:48 AM   in reply to DavCou

Just so that we can test the Template, that gave you issues, can you give its name, and the genre where it is stored?

Back in PrE 10, there were a few Templates, that did not function, as they should, but Adobe made some changes in PrE 11.

I'll be glad to do a test with that original Template, to see if there is some issue with it.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 8:42 AM   in reply to DavCou

Thank you. Just to make sure that the Sports>Extreme Menu Set does not have inherent problems, I will test that, to see how it works on my system. I will report back.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 9:20 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I just created a short DVD-Video, with the Sports>Extreme Menu Set, and everything functioned, as I would expect.

I do not know why you were having issues with the DVD, using that Menu Set.

Some playability issues CAN arise, if one uses a poor-quality blank disc, such as Memorex, recent Ritek, recent TDK, or "store brands." I recomend using Falcon Pro, Verbatim or Taiyo-Yuden blank media for the ultimate results.

The playability issues can be:

1. Skipping/studdering
    2. Lack of navigation
    3. Hangs
    4. Inability to play
    5. Disc not recognized
    6. Other playability issues

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This