Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

cant open premiere I moved cache

Apr 7, 2013 11:38 AM

Why am I spending all afternoon trying to open premiere and change the refrences to cache file location. Why cant I get in to change locations? why does premiere lock up when it encounters a problem. Does anyone have a orkaround for this. I should be able to get into premiere to redirect these refrences.

Thanks in advance

Steven

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2013 12:27 PM   in reply to stevengotts

When I create a new project on my #2 drive I also specify #2 as the location for that project's temporary files

Are you talking about the default files that go on drive C?

Drive C space http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1007934?tstart=0

Are you on a Mac?

Mac version http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070067

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 3:06 PM   in reply to stevengotts

Thiis makes no sense Premiere should still open. You mean locate your  project?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 10:56 PM   in reply to stevengotts

Did you move the Cache within Windows by drag/drop or move/Paste?  If so, you should not do that.  On the Premiere Edit Menu go to Preferences and the Media tab.  There you will find the means to move the Cache to where you want it, and Premiere will be able to find it.

Normally Premiere simply re-creates the cache in the default location if it is opened, and the location it expects to find the cache is inaccessible.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to stevengotts

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to stevengotts

Any other program would have seen the file wasnt there,presented the error message and offered the option to load the default profile and opened the program. Premiere does not do that

Normally it does.  This is quite evident when you open a project created on another computer with a different drive setup.  I've never seen PP 'not open' because the Cache location wasn't there any more.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points