Skip navigation
elkie_97
Currently Being Moderated

Typing problem in InDesign CS5

Apr 7, 2013 2:44 PM

Tags: #cs5

I have a very strange problem with InDesign CS5. I tried to look for answers, but could not find anything on this issue. Anyway, when typing in Indesign, it all of the sadden starts typing double. For Example - I want to type HOUSE, and it will come out as HHOOUSSE. Something like that. It doesn't happens always and not with particular documents. It can occur at any time, and dissapear at any time. But it drives me crazy. During this problem, InDesign becomes extremely slow, and cursor starts shaking. Sometimes even hard to point to anything, like select an object. I thought I didn't have enough memory. But I installed additional RAM, but problem still exists. Anyone can help? Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2013 4:26 PM   in reply to elkie_97

elkie_97 wrote:

I have a very strange problem with InDesign CS5. I tried to look for answers, but could not find anything on this issue. Anyway, when typing in Indesign, it all of the sadden starts typing double. For Example - I want to type HOUSE, and it will come out as HHOOUSSE. Something like that. It doesn't happens always and not with particular documents. It can occur at any time, and dissapear at any time. But it drives me crazy. During this problem, InDesign becomes extremely slow, and cursor starts shaking. Sometimes even hard to point to anything, like select an object. I thought I didn't have enough memory. But I installed additional RAM, but problem still exists. Anyone can help? Thank you!

Does this happen in other software applications?

It sounds as if the repeat key interval that's set in your system preferences might have been changed to a very short time. However, if you are certain that nobody has changed this setting, another possibility is that the connection between the keys and the computer is faulty. This could be from a keyboard that's been spilled upon, a loose or defective keyboard cable or cable connections. If the mouse pointing is also affected, if the mouse is connected through the keyboard, the a faulty keyboard cable could be the cause, but if the mouse is connected directly to the computer, perhaps the mouse cable or connections are defective. If the keyboard and/or mouse are wireless, perhaps the batteries need replacing or recharging.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers