Skip navigation
SilverImage
Currently Being Moderated

I have Dreamweaver  (Cloud) and need to update from GoLive. I cannot find any migration info.

Apr 7, 2013 2:20 PM

I have Dreamweaver  (Cloud) and need to update from GoLive. I cannot find any migration info.

David Rosenblatt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2013 2:58 PM   in reply to SilverImage

GL is so old and out of touch with modern web standards, migration methods are seldom complete or satisfactory.  Instead of migrating, simply define a Local Site Folder in DW as you would with any new site project.

Go to Site > New Site >

At the prompt tell DW where to find the folder containing your GL site files. 

See screenshot.

DW-CS6-LocalSiteFolderDef.jpg

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 3:23 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

You'll still have a big job ahead of you removing all traces of GL from your site's pages, but it's worth the effort.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 9:25 PM   in reply to SilverImage

Apart from what Nancy and Murray have stated, you could also check out the following tutorial.

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter-archive/dreamweaver/articles/drwcs3_ golivemigration.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 10:14 AM   in reply to SilverImage

Nancy and Murry are right. I migrated from GoLive CS2 over to Dreamweaver. There were so many artifacts left over from GoLive that it hobbled the functioning of the site so much that eventually I opted for doing it over from scratch. So depending on your situation you may or may not want to redo your site from scratch.

In case you just want to have something that still functions and that you can update with Dreamweaver while you rebuild your site then the following information (#4)

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5195661#5195661

I gave to another person who wanted to migrate their site from GoLive may be useful to you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points