Skip navigation
melgnm
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 7.0 will not open

Apr 7, 2013 5:24 PM

I have Photoshop Elements 7.0. All of a sudden it will not open. I can find the program in my system, when I click on it, I can see it try to open, but then nothing happens and it disappears. Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2013 10:16 PM   in reply to melgnm

Hi,

Please try couple of probable solutions as mentioned below:

Solution 1:

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.

Solution 2: Try launching directly from exe 'PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe' from location  C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\ . Right click on this exe file at this location and select run as admin.

Solution 3: In case any network printer is attached try to launch without network or printer uninstall or make different printer as default.

Solution 4: Try launching with anti-virus off or removing PSE from conflicting list.

Solution 5:

On the drive on which you have installed PSE,on my machine it is on C: Go  to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements  7.0\Locales\<locale>\Plug-Ins\Import-Exportand you will find twain  plug-in. Remove that plug-in from that location and copy it somewhere  else. Now launch PSE and check if it works. For related post for Twain please see this:http://forums.adobe.com/message/2954743#2954743

Thanks,

Garry

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points