Skip navigation
Sapporobeer84
Currently Being Moderated

Copy animation from character to character?

Apr 8, 2013 4:10 PM

Tags: #character #to #frames #animation #motion #copy #nested

Hello:

I am currently doing an animation in Flash. I havea collection of puppets that are very similar, with the same naming convention for every body part, except for the root, in which I specify the name of the character.

Example

Character Joe

Joe_Head

Character Helene

Helene_Head

My question is that, if I it is possible to copy the animation from one character to the other.

Let's say that I have Joe saying something. How could I insert all of the animation in the character Helene, knowing that they have the exact same number of symbols, organized and named the same way?

As an iportant side note, I have my lipsync symbols into a graphic. So if Joe says hello, I have the mouth set in Single frame, and I change the frame depending on how I want that mouth to move. 

I may have a tween that moves the mouth, but the first frame might be "frame 35" and the other "frame 56".

Any ideas of how to do this?  So far I know that I can COPY MOTION , but just with that I cannot copy all of the animation, because of the nested symbols.

Thank you very much

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 8, 2013 11:06 PM   in reply to Sapporobeer84

The thing you want to achieve requires a very strict setup, not only would the different parts of animations be identical but in principle all of the parts  would have to have identical connections.

I doubt that it is possible with Flash only means, also you don`t mention if you use IK, Bones, Skelets ansd such which would further complicate the matter.

You could give an extension like Dragonbones a try, in their demo they show an example of reusable animation.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 6:51 AM   in reply to Sapporobeer84

Check out the Multi Swap extension here http://www.toonmonkey.com/extensions.html

That seems to be what it is designed for.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points