Skip navigation
plymliker 57
Currently Being Moderated

need help on layers

Apr 9, 2013 1:26 AM

elements 11, windows vista. have selected pics for project, selected new layer, it's empty with checkerboard  waiting in layer panel, can't seem to get it filled, every time i attempt to fill it by clicking on pic it just shows up in layer plane, not in new layer

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2013 1:33 PM   in reply to plymliker 57

Hi,

In the editor, you can drag a photo from the photo bin on to the current image and it should add a new layer.

However, I'm not sure if that is what you really need. Can you please explain what you are trying to achieve and then we might be able to give you better guidance.

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2013 3:02 PM   in reply to plymliker 57

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I'm still not sure what you want to do.

Are you trying to make a collage of four images?

Layers are usually for modifying parts of a photo, like adding text.

Dragging one phono to a new layer will only hide the one underneath it. If you want to print four photos on one sheet of paper there are better way to do it.

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 1:55 AM   in reply to plymliker 57

Hi,

Playing around is a great way to learn but I would suggest looking at some of the tutorials or videos to make sure you are on the right track.

If you haven't read this already, you may find it useful.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshopelements/using/WS287f927bd30d4b1f -f216bde12e28ad1224-7fff.html

If you ever get stuck trying to do something, don't waste too much time, open a new discussion and just describe what you want to achieve and someone here should be able to help you.

I hope you enjoy PSE.

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 3:06 AM   in reply to Little_Pale_Face

Hi,

I would also suggest you watch this video

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-elements-11/working-with-lay ers-in-photoshop-elements-11/

If you get an error reported when trying that link, ensure you are logged in with your Adobe ID and try again.

Brian

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points