Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import word macros

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to import written macros in to robohelp 10? coz in our office we have a in-built macros template which we use for doing word documents. now as we want to buy robohelp 10 I would like to know how to import the same Add-in to robohelp 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help you best I think we need to start this conversation at a different point. Is the purchase of Rh10 your first work with Rh or will it be an upgrade?

If you are just about to start, maybe RoboHelp HTML has advantages over RoboHelp for Word. In RoboHelp HTML you can link to Word documents so you would just carry on producing your content in Word using the templates you currently have. Then you would link to them and each time you generate help, the content gets updated to the latest version of your Word document. That workflow has the advantage that RoboHelp HTML is better supported on these forums and with new features in each upgrade. RoboHelp for Word is very much a legacy product and note the number of posts on that forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the mail.

We want to buy RoboHelp 10 license but before that, want to get hands-on experience in trial version.In trial version only RoboHelp HTML is downloaded and so started working with it.

Regards,

Jaya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are in the trial. You have to check RoboHelp for Word to get that installed, it is not a default.

It's not clear from your reply if you are now going to try what I have suggested.

I would be wary of messing with the templates that come with RoboHelp for Word.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I am trying to download the following link is given for download which has RoboHelp 10 not mentioning if it is HTML or for Word.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?loc=en_us&product=robohelp

Could you advise me how to proceed from here for downloading RoboHelp for Word?

Regards,

Jaya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The download contains both. When you start running it, there is an option to include RoboHelp for Word.

RoboHelp for Word does not have Linking in the same way as RoboHelp HTML so if you are going to use RoboHelp for Word, good luck. I strongly suspect integrating your macros in the RoboHelp Word templates will give issues and there will be no one with the necessary knowledge to help you.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp