Skip navigation
Ndunne001
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop 6? 2001?

Apr 9, 2013 10:57 AM

Tags: #photoshop #adobe #6 #general

My office has Adobe Photoshop 6, circa 2001, and I need help. I have four images that I am trying to blend together; one of which will be the background and the other three cut out and placed into the image. I usually will look up a quick tutorial when dealing with a new program but I can't seem to find anything online for this old school version of PhotoShop.  Does anyone have a link for old tutorials? Or know how to do this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2013 11:08 AM   in reply to Ndunne001

Assuming it has layers like modern versions convert the background to a layer then with each of the 3 other images make a selection and cut and paste them.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,510 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 9, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to Ndunne001

Even with a version of Photoshop 7 major versions out of date what you want to do will be substantially the same as what's done today, pasting images into layers and possibly using the eraser and/or layer masks.  Seek out something along the lines of "combine images in layers photoshop tutorial".

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2013 11:13 AM   in reply to Ndunne001

You can resize with Ctrl T, or if that does not work edit/transform.

If it freezes it may be a computor memory problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,510 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 9, 2013 11:16 AM   in reply to Ndunne001

Why do you want to "send images to the background"?  Leave them each in their own layer so they can be manipulated separately.

The Edit - Free Transform tool will allow you to resize layer content.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2013 11:37 AM   in reply to Ndunne001

The selection process is very loose.  A tighter selection and refine edge would have helped.

Now one way is to select the layer you want, enlarge image and carefully use the eraser tool around the whole image.  A hard brush will leave a sharp edge, so use a softer brush and it will also erase a little of the pixels in the image give it some blending.  Experiment as too soft a brush will eat too much into the figures.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,510 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 9, 2013 11:55 AM   in reply to Curt Y

To add to what Curt has said, work at a zoomed-in resolution for finer control.

There's no Refine Edge feature in Photsohop 6.0, by the way. 

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2013 12:14 PM   in reply to Curt Y

If Photoshop 6 has them, I'd use layer masks to remove the unwanted background,  because it's non-distructive, so it's easier to fix mistakes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points