Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Help Opens By Itself

Apr 9, 2013 10:59 AM

Tags: #cs6 #color_picker #help_opens_by_itself #opening_browser_tabs #opening_tabs #clicking_opens_tabs

This has been reported before but the topic was closed. I am having an issue where Photoshop CS6 is opening 4 tabs in Chrome that all go to http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/topics.html whenever I click anywhere on the screen. This began when I was using the color picker and pressed CTRL-V to paste a hexcode. It might have occured before I was pressing CTRL-V because I didn't notice at first popping a ton of tabs open on my other monitor. I did not accidently press F1. I cannot access anything else in Photoshop now because every click will just open four new tabs. There were no answers in the last thread about this, but since it has been closed and it is still happening, I thought I should report it again. Any suggestions are welcome.

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 9, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to arctechnologysolutions

This has been happening in Photoshop for years (decades maybe).

No one has been able to nail it down yet.

Best guess I've ever had is that it's some kind of memory corruption due to problems in other operation that manifest as a failure in the event loop.  Specifically, I had it once and a display driver update cleared it right up.  That doesn't mean that it's always a display driver problem, but it wouldn't hurt to ensure your display driver is up to date.

What video card do you have?  Generally you want to go to the web site of the maker of the card and download/install their latest driver, but AMD's latest released driver isn't working well with Photoshop and there's a specific version (13.3 beta 3) you'd want if you have an ATI card.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Apr 9, 2013 11:56 AM   in reply to arctechnologysolutions

No, last I heard the latest driver release (just a few weeks ago) by nVidia is good.  I'm not sure it's the same version for all cards, though.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points