Skip navigation
elvideo123
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know how I can achieve this type of animation in Premiere Elements

Apr 9, 2013 7:41 PM

Hi all, premiere elements adobe.

I saw this video and I think it's hillarious.  I like the stick sort of cut out animation with the backgrounds.

https://vimeo.com/38527325

Question:  Is it possible to do this sort of animation in Elements?  If so how?  I have no idea where to start on this, I do have snapshots of scenes as photos, but do I need other software for the cutout of the image?

Feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 5:27 AM   in reply to elvideo123

Yes, you can certainly do this kind of thing in Premiere Elements -- though it hard qualifies as animation. It's mostly just overlaying non-square graphics of people, beer bottles, etc over a background.

As I show you in my book on using Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements together, you can create non-square graphics by opening a photo in Photoshop Elements and double-clicking on the background in the Layers panel to turn it into a layer. Once it's a layer, delete everything except the person or object you want to use and save the file as a PSD. If you do this, the areas you removed will be transparent when you add the file to your Premiere Elements project.

Then it's as simple as adding each graphic on a separate video track, one above the other, and rotating and resizing them as needed to create your animation.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 5:26 AM   in reply to elvideo123

Sorry but without Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, you will not be able to create a non-square or backgroundless graphic.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 6:46 PM   in reply to elvideo123

elvideo123

You may be limited in your tools for what you want to do but you might want to look at creating some practice animations using the Premiere Elements Clip Arts (Please refer especially to Clip Art/Animated Objects and HD Animated Objects.)

The following is an animation that I created in Premiere Elements using these Animated Objects and a few illusions. How to is available on request.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RL4I3wh8xY

Although it is rough (really rough), you could try isolating a figure from a photo using Premiere Elements' Sixteen-Point Garbage Matte (See Edit Header/Video Effects/Keying/Sixteen Point Garbage Matte/Edit Effects) and followed by applying a feather effect (See Edit Header/Video Effects/Transform/Edge Feather.) Then a bit of keyframing of the Motion/Position property of the isolated figure. Just some food for thought or indigestion.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 11:41 PM   in reply to elvideo123

The term is "keyframing". Look around (This forum, Google, Steve's books) for help. You should be able to keyframe the motion parameter and get this effect in very quick time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points