Skip navigation
Mickied1988
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge Plugin: Make comments and see layers in PSD and TIFF files

Apr 10, 2013 2:37 AM

Tags: #bridge #plugin #plug-in #bridge_cs5 #bridge_cs6

I've been searching the interweb thin for Bridge plug-ins without luck.

I work in a production company and we have a quite intense QA process meaning that we compare images against each other and return feedback to editors.

So instead of cycling through applications it would make our life so much easier to just stay inside adobe bridge.

What I'm looking for is a plugin for Adobe Bridge with following attributes:

1. leave comments and notes on images

2. See layers in tiff and PSD files

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this request, but I figured that this was the best place to ask.

Ps. it is not important what version of Bridge it will be compatible with (but preferable cs6)

Best regards
Mick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 2:55 AM   in reply to Mickied1988

Bridge is just a file browser.  It cannot edit, open or manipulate files.  It merely hands the file to the appropriate application, whether this be Photoshop, Camera Raw, Illustrator or even MS word.

Personally, I know of no plug-in that will let you see layers in PSD or TIFF files.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 3:04 AM   in reply to Mickied1988

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this request, but I figured that this was the best place to ask.

These feature requests better be placed in the correct location:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

You also might get a better answer but I'm not sure what way you need to leave comments and notes. You already have the option to label and rate the files and of course you have the IPTC Metadata to leave comments in (e.g. IPTC status / instructions).

As for the request to view layers, that would be nice but certainly not easy to realize. But it might be useful to extend this request in more detail, about how would you see them. Currently the preview window has a max of 9 files to view in one panel, would you see them scrollable or together in one window? Some layers have only masks or brush corrections in masks, would you see them in the same way as in PS using alt click on a mask?

The more detailed you make your feature request the better chance in getting more votes and better replies in possibility etc.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to Mickied1988

Have you used photoshop for this?  You can see layers and click File/File Info and use a tab like Description to add notes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points