Skip navigation
T Trofast
Currently Being Moderated

No panels, shortcuts etc in InDesign CS6

Apr 10, 2013 3:02 AM

Tags: #cs6 #10.8.3

Hi all,

Just installed InDesign CS6 on my machine (MacBook Pro, 10.8.3) and ran all updates but when I fire up InDesign I cannot see any panels, have no shortcuts and the menus are incomplete. I have CS5 and 5.5 on the same machine. I've tried reinstalling, deleting prefs but without any luck. All other CS6-programs works flawless.

[Edit] There is no InDesign CS6 presets in the Application Support/Adobe folder... How is that even possible? [/edit]

Suggestions??

Thanks in advance, this is driving me nuts.

Message was edited by: T Trofast

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 3:10 AM   in reply to T Trofast

Try reseting the preferences , There is a quick and easy method for doing this using the keyboard: close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

or rename US_en here

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 3:43 AM   in reply to T Trofast

Trofast,

Try this create a new administrator account (for test launch) and try launching Indesign and see if you can get the panels and menus there.

If you do get the panels and menus than there is some problem with the permissions on your this account.

You can reset the permissions using this link

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2963

OR

Repair File & Folder Permissions

File permission problems can arise when Mac OS X is updated. This can prevent our games from launching and may cause them to unexpectedly quit when certain game features are accessed. Use the steps below to repair file permission settings on your hard drive.

Using Finder, navigate to the /Applications directory.

Right-click the game folder and select Get Info.

In the info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock to unlock it. Enter your administrator password when prompted.

Make sure all privileges are set to Read & Write.

Click on the Burst icon (cogwheel) and select Apply to all enclosed items. Select Yes to confirm the action.

Note: Step 5 must be done, even if the folder already displays Read & Write privileges. This helps ensure all enclosed files have the same permissions.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 5:12 AM   in reply to T Trofast

Waht method did you use to replace the prefs?

Was this a clean install of ID on a fresh OS, or did you do an inplace update or migration of any sort?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 6:14 AM   in reply to T Trofast

If the new account didn't work it most likely means a problem in the install. Did it ever work?

I'd sugest uninstalling, running the clean tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3), then restart the Mac in Safe Mode (hold down Shift while you start up), then run the installer again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points