Skip navigation
acknowledged4791
Currently Being Moderated

Many of the fonts on my PC are not available in InDesign CS5.5?

Apr 10, 2013 4:17 AM

Hi

I am using a font called Narkisim in FW but it is not available in my InDesign CS5.5. I have checked the 'font' folder for InDesign and actually its empty, though the preset standard fonts are all there.

Really not sure whats going on here, please help? I really need to use Narkisim for this print job that I'm doing.

I appreciate the help.

Ash

--

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 5:18 AM   in reply to acknowledged4791

What is FW? What operating system? Have you tried installing the font in InDesign's Font folder?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 6:23 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

FW = FireWorks, I imagine.....

Is the font installed in one of the system font locations on a Mac or the System fonts folder on PC? If not it must be installed there, or in the Adobe common fonts folder, or ID's own private fonts folder to be seen by ID. If it is installed in a palce ID can see it, make sure you scroll through the whole font list. Some fonts are classified in odd ways and may be out of order alphabetically or included in one of the non-roman groups near the bottom of the list (In fact, Narkism seems to be a Hebrew font, so it should be listed near the bottom with other Hebrew fonts).

If you still can't find it, that may indicate that the font doesn't come up to the standards ID needs (it seems to be about 20 years old). ID is far more sensitive to imporper or bad font formatting than other applications.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points