Skip navigation
jahuerta26
Currently Being Moderated

How do you display database in Dreamweaver CS6?

Apr 10, 2013 4:58 AM

Tags: ##php ##cs6 ##windows ##dreamweaver ##database ##xampp ##classroom_in_a_book ##mysql

Trouble displaying 'greendata' database in Dreamweaver CS6

I am working on the exercise files for Adobe's Dreamweaver CS6 "Classroom In A Book", CH. 13 'Working with Online Data'. The problem I am facing is that the database provided in the exercise files ‘greendata’ is not being listed when I go to select a database.

I followed the specific instructions; but, I am still new to Dreamweaver and programming.

The MySQL Connection is working on the MySQL server 'localhost' with User name ‘root.’

I have XAMPP installed on my computer to run MySQL/PHP. I already checked localhost using my web browser to make sure that the ‘greendata’ is listed as a database; yet, it is not listed from the options when I try to set it up in Dreamweaver. 

How can I solve this problem? Please help! 

I need to have the 'greendata' database displayed from the list of options under 'select' within the MySQL Connection in Dreamweaver.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 5:38 AM   in reply to jahuerta26

I take it you have uploaded the 'greendata' database .sql file using phpMyAdmin to your local server?

jahuerta26 wrote:

I already checked localhost using my web browser to make sure that the ‘greendata’ is listed as a database; yet, it is not listed from the options when I try to set it up in Dreamweaver. 

I'm not aware that you can check to see if a database is uploaded via a browser, a folder was you thinking of?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 3:05 PM   in reply to jahuerta26

Review these Adobe tutorials

Setting up a PHP environment in Dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/setup_php.html

Building your first dynamic website – Part 1: Setting up your site and database connection

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/first_dynamic_site_pt 1.html

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 5:29 PM   in reply to jahuerta26

My guess is your privileges are not sufficient.  See screenshot.

phpAdmin-privleges.jpg

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to jahuerta26

I'm using Wamp server; similar but not quite the same as Xampp.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 4:51 AM   in reply to jahuerta26

jahuerta26 wrote:

Thank you for all your help. I finally figured out the problem. It had to do with the version of XAMPP that I had installed on my desktop.

I followed the same process but this time using my laptop and the latest version of XAMMP and it worked the first time without any problems.

Thanks again!

Glad you got it working. These kinds of things are a pain in the backside to trouble-shoot and can literally take hours to figure out through no real fault of your own.

Happy database----ing!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points