Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Back to the last menu doesn't work (bluray)

Apr 10, 2013 4:42 PM

Hello!

Here's my problem: I have several menus (in different languages) that sometimes leads to the same video (for example, a button in french menu leads to the same track as a button in the german menu). I want that if the user presses "menu" his remote control, he goes back to last menu (if he comes from the french menu, I want the bluray to go back to french menu). To do that, i selected "go back to last menu" in every sequence. It works correctly when i simulize the navigation in the viewer, but when i burn the bluray, when I press menu, the disk don't even goes back to french nor german, it goes back to the main menu of the disk.

I tried to choose "go back to last menu" in the disk asset for the "title button" but it's in grey and i can't choose it.

Do someone have a solution?

Tank you,

Michaël

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 11:15 PM   in reply to Mikeoone666

Hello.

I find it strange that the action works in preview mode, but not when you burn an actual blu-ray disc.  When you test out the blu-ray disc, do you use blu-ray hardware to test it?  Or are you using a piece of software like PowerDVD?

Also, instead of just using "return to last menu", have you attempted to drag the pick whip to the correct menu you want it to link too?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 1:24 AM   in reply to Mikeoone666

It would be useful if you could post an image of your flowchart - this depicts exactly the navigation routes within your project.  I have used "Return to last Menu" extensively with blu-ray and never had the problem that you describe.

I think that given the complexity of your project you would do better to go the extra mile and set the navigation manually, as described in the previous post #1

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 3:57 AM   in reply to Mikeoone666

On reflection, I do not think you can do what you are trying to do.  A timeline can have only one end action,leading to a single location in the flowchart.   As the timeline has been approached from different language menus on different occasions, returning to the correct menu cannot be guaranteed.  There are inevitably several "last menus",  in different languages.

The only way Ican see to achieve what you want would be to have a timeline for each language.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 10:01 AM   in reply to Mikeoone666

Try hitting the Pop Up menu bottom on the remote instead.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to Mikeoone666

I cannot see the detail in one of your images.

But try this. Select a TIMELINE. In the properties, set the "menu remote" to last menu. Now try the "return" and other buttons.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 6:36 AM   in reply to Mikeoone666

The buttons on your remote will be programmed according to a particular protocol, chosen by its manufacturer.  Encore clearly does not have code to generate the necessary signal to enable the other three buttons to work - and it only has the one, for top menu.  "Top Menu" will be hard-coded to activate the top menu button on the remote.

There have been other instances where a particular disc feature would work in the Encore preview, but would not work with a burnt disc in a set top player.  One such used to be Chapter Playlists for Blu-ray.  With CS4 and 5, they would work in preview, but not on the disc.  Only with CS6 did we get this feature properly operational.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points