I have been trying to install Robohelp 10 trial version on my Win7 Dell Laptop for about 4 hours now and it always stops at about the 65% complete mark (Currently Installing AdobeHelp). I have tried at least 4 times and it stops in the same place every time.
(1) I am running the program as Administrator
(2) My system is Win7 (64-bit)
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance
This might be caused due to the interference of some program running at the background.
> Enable the hidden Admin Account on Windows 7 ( Ref : http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-adminis trator-account-on-windows-vista/ )
> Disable all Non-Microsoft Startup Services. (Ref : http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/disable-startup-items-servic es-windows.html )
> Disable all the Antivirus softwares like CA, Norton,Mc Afee etc. temporarily from the computer.
Reboot and Install Robohelp and check.
Thanks for your post. Although it didn't solve the problem completely, the links you provided were invaluable in coming up with a workable solution. Here's what happened:
1. Followed the above instructions to the letter.
2. Retried installing RoboHelp 10 trial.
3. Same results; installation stopped at 65% (Currently Installing AdobeHelp)
4. Opened Task Manager: RoboHelp 10 install application status: Running
5. Clicked the Processes Tab and sorted processes on CPU usage
6. Observed that the process: Install AdobeHelp *32 used no CPU cycles for a long time (9 minutes).
7. Cancelled the Install AdobeHelp *32 process.
8. Installation proceeded to successful completion.
9. Started RoboHelp 10 program and it seems to be working; although, I haven't really done anything with it yet.