Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't remove criteria in Find under Keywords, CS6

Apr 10, 2013 6:36 PM

Tags: #remove #find #keywords #criteria #remove_criteria

I wonder if anyone else has this problem.  I just recently started using CS6.  This bug is regarding the find "Find" function in my Keywords collection, for example, find everything with Keywords "child".  Adding criteria works wonders, except that once you add it you can no longer remove it.  I attached a screenshot to demonstrate.  After performing a 2-criteria search, I could not remove the second criteria when I perform a new search.  The "minus" button doesn't work.  I tried the "plus" button and it worked, and now i'm stuck with 3 criteria!  I can't leave the fields blank because I get an error message asking me to fill every field out.

I tired rebooting and purging the cache, and nothing works.  Anyone experienced this or has a solution I can try?

Screen Shot 2013-04-10 at 6.25.34 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 6:54 PM   in reply to rshay001

That is a new one.  If the minus button does not work close bridge (file/exit) and restart.

If that does not work try resetting preferences.  Hold down Crtl key (option on mac) and start Bridge.  You should get a reset window with 3 options.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 11, 2013 1:08 AM   in reply to rshay001

Is there a way to submit the bug to adobe, or is the post here enough?

This is a user to user to forum and for bugs (report a problem) you have to use this site:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

However I'm not sure it is a bug because both Curt (Windows) and I (Mac) have no problem at all in adding or removing criteria in the find menu.

In the screenshot also you have deselected subfolders and non indexed files. Is there a particular reason for? If you have many subfolders and use a main source it needs also look in sub folders for a correct result. Non indexed files should preferable also be included, this looks in files you did not have cached already.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 11, 2013 3:14 PM   in reply to rshay001

I only recently started using bridge CS6 and this problem started the first time I used it.

Try a search included non indexed files and wait for it to finish (check the activity bar bottom left in bridge window), maybe this will help getting it right.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 7:02 PM   in reply to rshay001

rshay001 wrote:

I just have to be careful never to touch the plus button anymore.  I added criteria again (just to see if i could replicate the bug) and sure enough, couldn't remove them.

Is there a way to submit the bug to adobe, or is the post here enough?

This is not a bug.  You are the only one with it as far as I have seen.  Have Win 7 and tested it and it works perfectly.  I just updated and the new version works as well.  You have not said what OS you use.  What version of CS6 Bridge are you using?

So there is some program interfering with Bridge, or you have a bad install.  Are the minus buttons greyed out?  Can not tell in the screenshot.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 12:15 PM   in reply to Curt Y

I have the exact same problem, have 3 different installs, one from disk, one from Adobe download link, also one version downloaded from Creative Cloud, all on different machines in our office.  The mac is running osx 10.6.8, fully updated windows 7 for both other installs, all having the same issue, so I don't believe your issue is so unique.  Each install had this problem from initial use, and after updates, continued to behave the same way, even after a reset.  Would love to hear more about possible fixes for this problem. 

(A ghetto work around, is if you've already added too many criteria, just enter the same values for the fields that are additional, this will pull up files, instead of giving you an error as when you just leave them blank.)

Thanks for the help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points