Skip navigation
JonahTebaa
Currently Being Moderated

Panasonic HDC-MDH1 AVCHD

Apr 11, 2013 3:21 AM

Tags: #avchd #panasonic

I am planning on purchasing two Panasonic HDC-MDH1 cameras for weddings and events. These cameras record in AVCHD ; MPEG4-AVC/H.264 (AVCHD standard compliant) as the supplier says. Is this compatible with Adobe Premiere?

I have read some threads that said that it is not really supported by Premiere and can use some advice.

Thank you.

Jonah

Replies
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 5:23 AM   in reply to JonahTebaa

An ongoing discussion of AVCHD in CS6 / CSNEXT:

AVCHD Workflow help

You might skip to the last couple of pages of this long thread.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to JonahTebaa

Are you buying brick&mortar or mail order?

If from a real store, take your own SD memory card and do some test filming and then load the video into your computer and test

That is, of course, if that camera uses an SD memory card and the store will let you do your own testing

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 8:51 AM   in reply to JonahTebaa

Tough to say.  Not all cameras suffer from the AVCHD bug.  My own Panasonic GH2 does not.  I've heard that some other Panasonic models do not either.  But then at least one person has a Panasonic model that does seem to have the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

I have Paasonics ag 160 and 130 and they have that issue, or at least seem to.  If I were buying a new camera, and thinking of Premiere as the editing software, I would wait until the new version comes out and see what they have done.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 2:32 PM   in reply to JonahTebaa

It does look like the issue has been resolved in the new version of Premiere Pro, due out soon (we hope).  So I'd say get the camera you prefer.  If you do upgrade or are a Creative Cloud subscriber, the issue with AVCHD should be short lived.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points