Skip navigation
thorit
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 11 closes itself

Apr 11, 2013 5:26 AM

PC: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP 1, 8 GB RAM, Intel Core I5.

Windows is fully updated.

No use of Oganizer for pictures.

Hi

I have recently purchased my pc (3 weeks) and started out with installing my Elements 9, but it would only let me edit about 2 - 10 pictures (jpeg) before Elements would close itself.

Thought it might be a case where Elements 9 couldn't run on a 64bit pc, so upgraded to Elements 11.

Now I can edit anywhere from 5 - 25 pictures (jpeg) before Elements will close itself.

Sometimes a Windows dialog window will apear and tell me that Elements stopped working and will be closed, but most of the time Elements simply just closes without any notification.

I can then try to open the picture again in Elements, but Elements will close itself right away. Only thing that helps is to reboot the computer, and then I can edit a few pictures again before the problem repeats itself.

I then tried to set Elements up to run in campability mode with Windows XP SP 3, but that didn't help.

Then I uninstalled Elements and made a reboot, and then reinstall Elements and under installtion choose install as Administrator mode and again choose Windows XP SP 3 compability mode.

But the problem is still here

What can I do to make this issue go away ?

Regards

Thomas Rithmester

Denmark

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 8:52 AM   in reply to thorit

Find the exact cause of the crash:

Working with your Operating System’s Tools

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 2:47 PM   in reply to thorit

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 10:51 PM   in reply to thorit

Is it specific to catalog? Try creating a new catalog and see if that crashes. If you are unable to change catalog from within Organizer, launch Organizer keeping 'shift' key pressed.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points