Skip navigation
tanykeat
Currently Being Moderated

Uneven morphing of Shape Tween (Text)

Apr 11, 2013 2:52 AM

Tags: #shape_tween #flash_cs6

I am using Adobe Flash Professional CS6 for a slideshow, and am using shape tweens as text transition between slides. However, when I transition from a paragraph of text to a single line of text, half the paragraph will form the last alphabet, which isn't very appealing. Is there anyway I can distribute the morphing of the alphabets from the alphabets of the paragraph's text into the line of text such that it becomes more even? I tried fragmenting each the alphabet in attempt to "fool" the shape tween so that it may use more alphabets from the paragraph for each alphabet in the line, but it doesn't seem to work.

This is what I'm referring to:

Paragraph:

paragraph.PNG

Transition:

transition.PNG

Line:

line.PNG

Help! Thanks a lot! ^^

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 5:56 AM   in reply to tanykeat

Use Shapehints to get more control over your shape tween

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to tanykeat

Shape Hints

# 

To improve the quality of the morph, you can add # shape hints to each keyframe. Shape hints let you tell Flash precisely which points in each vector to match up during the tween. So, if you add shape hints matching the corners of the square with the secondary anchor points of the circle, the morph will no longer appear to rotate. Here's how:

1. Select the first keyframe and choose Modify Shape Add Shape Hint (Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-H).
    2. A small circle with an a inside will appear in the center of your shape. Drag it to the upper-left corner of the square.
    3. Select the last keyframe, and you will see a corresponding a shape hint. Drag it to the upper-left arc of the circle.
    4. # Continue the process until you have four matching #  shape hints. (Often, just one or two hints are enough for Flash to catch on, but sometimes many are required.) #

Note: There is a limit of 26 # shape hints for each shape tween.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points