Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PE10:How can I limit  a transition to just part of the video

Apr 11, 2013 8:16 AM

Tags: #transition #matte

I want to limit the page peel transition to affect the portion of the video screen that depicts a screen showing a slide presentation. The slide show does not show up on the video, so I have to overlay the screen with images from the slide show & want the transitions to affects just that part of the screen.

I can’t seem to limit the transition with a matte.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

It's not quite clear what you're asking, True. Are you saying your video frame is divided into a grid and you want your transition to affect only one portion of the grid or a picture-in-picture?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Sounds like picture-in-picture to me.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 4:05 PM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

There is not an easy way to do this.

The only real way to do this in Premiere Elements is to make a separate project which includes your slide and its transition. Use Publish & Share/Computer/AVI to output this segment. Then import this AVI into your project and use it as your PIP.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

Great news!

That is sort of like the workflow in PrPro, where one would create a Sequence (think of a mini-Project, in a Project), then edit with the desired Transition, and then Nest that Sequence into a new one, where the PiP would be created from it. In PrE, there are no Sequences, so no Nesting, but you got around that by editing in a Project, then Exporting/Sharing, to then Import into another Project. More than one way to "skin a cat."

Steve G. always has some great workflow modifications, to get most things to work in PrE. Those suggestions are always greatly appreciated.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points