Skip navigation
TiaBSA
Currently Being Moderated

How do I keep Adobe Premiere Elements 11 from crashing during the rendering process?

Apr 11, 2013 8:20 AM

Tags: #crash #11 #premiere_elements

I have already published a video, but I had to go in and make some images and texts clearer. I didn't add anything, I just changed them. Now the program will only render to 84% and them an error message pops up and asks me if I want to send a report or not. No matter what I choose, it still shuts the whole program down. I will try to re-open the program with the same file and it will just shut off. I have to restart my computer just to get back in the program. Why is it doing this and is there anything I do to fix it, in light of re-making my video?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 9:21 AM   in reply to TiaBSA

Try doing a Save As and renamed your video. Then render your output. This will keep your new render files from "bumping into" your old render files.

If that doesn't work, please provide more information about your system.

What operating system are you using? How fast is processor and how much RAM do you have? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? Did you use Premiere Elements to get the video from your camcorder to your computer?

What Publish & Share option are you using to output your video?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 5:57 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

I'm having the same problem with my Premiere Elements 9, where even  if I try to cut and edit my clips on my sceneline/timeline it crashes,  even when I render my footage to AVI so I can edit with the clips later  on.

I'm using Windows 7

-My Proccessing power is 3.50 GHz

-My RAM memory is 8.00 GBs

I  seem to have all the qualifications to use my editing software, but  apparently it's crashing still, and I've cleared up any program from the  background as I work, and I even re-installed my software, I played around with the compatibility thing, but it still crashes.

I'm using an HD DV camcorder

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2013 6:23 AM   in reply to GORY Pumpkin

We can only help you troubleshoot your issue if you try what we suggest and answer our questions, Gory.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2013 7:23 AM   in reply to TiaBSA

I would also look over this FAQ Entry: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/792580?tstart=0

It starts with a checklist on setting up PrE to run its best, and then goes into tuning up one's computer and OS. Finally, it offers many links on troubleshooting, and links to some useful tools. I recommend doing this last part pretty much in order, as it works up in "degree of difficulty," all the way to the MS tutorials on The Case of the Unexplained.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

That's weird...my software is working again...

...all I had to do was make a new project and REDO the scene I was making and now it's working fine.

Yay? I'm going to go with yay!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 2:12 PM   in reply to GORY Pumpkin

Great news!

Sometimes, Assets can end up on the Timeline, with say a gap between them, or other issue, and starting a New Project will often clear up the glitch.

One of the troubleshooting steps, that gets recommended often, is to test with a New Project.

Glad that things are working for you, and thanks for reporting.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points