Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge Cannot Find Photoshop

Apr 11, 2013 8:35 AM

I'm running CS6.  When I'm in Bridge and double click a photo, I get the following error message:

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I don't know why it's looking for CS4, given that I upgraded to CS5.5 over a year ago and then to CS6 about a year ago.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to jelarv

You might get it to work if you try to change the File Type Associations in Bridge Preferences.

This is the sort of thing that happens after you uninstall older versions of CS after installing the new version. I learned this the hard way years ago, and now I always remove old versions first.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 10:29 AM   in reply to jelarv

Did you delete CS4?  If so some users experience file association problems.

First try edit/preferences/file type association.  CHange the extension to CS6.  If that does not work see this link for a registry fix. 

I installed Photoshop CS6, then found CS5 was still there. I thought, hey, I don't need CS5 anymore, so I uninstalled CS5. then I found out that Photoshop was no longer available in 'Open with' when right-clicking an image...

So I went into the Registry, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\Photoshop.exe\shell\open\command, and changed the (Default) from "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe" "%1" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe" "%1" (so changed CS5 to CS6) - and now I see 'Adobe Photoshop CS6' in my 'Open with' list when right-clicking an image...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points