Skip navigation
NowaDesign
Currently Being Moderated

How would I setup a booklet for a double landscape A4?

Apr 11, 2013 11:30 AM

Hi guys,

I need to make a booklet with the dimensions of two landscape A4 when spread out. So when the paper is folded on the vertical center, the dimension is a landscape A4... I imagine it needs to be printet on A2 paper, in order for each page to be a solid 594mm x 210mm afterwards. But how can I set this up in Indesign? There might also be overlapping graphics or photos, from page 2 to 3... So the "print booklet" option needs to work accordingly, so the photo on page 2 isn't brought up somewhere else down the line. I'm lost.

Help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 1:06 PM   in reply to NowaDesign

Set up as facing A4 landscape pages. In Print Booklet you would need to set the page size to A2 and set the positioning to centered in the printer setup dialog. In thory I suppose it should be possible to print two-up, but the only way I can think of to make that happen would be to set up a new A3 portrait facing pages file and place the A4 into it twice (use Scott Zanelli's script from InDesignSecrets » Blog Archive » Zanelli Releases MultiPageImporter for Importing both PDF and INDD Files), then use print bookle on that file.

The bigger question in my mind is do you have a printer that can use A2 sheets? Id yo are sending this out, le the printer do the imposition from a your A4 file exported normally as sequential single pages as PDF.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points