Skip navigation
abcgo
Currently Being Moderated

Why can't I find and open a text layer on photo (psd file) for editing using an iMac?

Apr 11, 2013 12:06 PM

Tags: #photoshop #with #working #elements #10 #layers

When I open Photoshop Elements 10 Editor to edit a text layer on a 511KB 412x292 psd photo the text layer is not shown.  How do I open the text layer?  How do I edit the text layer?  How do I save the finished work product?  The background layer is locked.  I can't unlock it.  Do I have to unlock first or do what?  I have tried any number of approaches none of which open the text layer for editing.  I would greatly appreciate help in resolving this issue. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 5:50 PM   in reply to abcgo

How do you know there is a text layer? All the layers should be shown in the layers panel.

The background layer is always partially locked and that has no effect on editing. You can ignore that.

Would this be a comp layer or part of a layer group created in full Photoshop, by any chance?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to abcgo

Did you create the image? Did you save it as a jpg or any format other than tiff or psd?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 11:23 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Oh, I see it's a psd. Can you post a screenshot of the layers panel? Press command+shift+4, drag over the layers panel and a png file will appear on the desktop. To post it here, come to the forum web page and use the camera icon above the message composition area.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points