• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crosstab in CF Report Builder 8

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything current.  I came across some stuff but the links were diead or explanatory images didn't show.

It seems that Report Builder doesn't do crosstabs.  I wondered if anyone had come across any kind of workaround.  What I would like to show is something like:

Books Circulated

Jan          Feb          Mar          Apr...                                        Year Total

Red Books          100          200          300          400

Blue Books          300          100          200          200

Total                    400          300          500          600

Seems like it should be doable.  I usually us a crosstab and it is relatively straightforward.  Any suggestions in Reprot Builder?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Madness wrote:

Seems like it should be doable.  I usually us a crosstab and it is relatively straightforward.  Any suggestions in Reprot Builder?  Thanks.

A report will accept whatever data-set you provide it.

The trick is to do the crosstab using your database engine. The result-set returned by the database engine can easily be used to create a report.

It is worth noting that Report Builder is for creating fixed layout reports. It is not possible to have a dynamic number of fields generated at run-time. You have to explicitly place each field in the report.

What this means is that your cross-tab query must always return the same number of fields, or at a minimum it needs to return the fields that appear in the report.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation