• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotspots generated from FrameMaker don't show tooltip text in PDF

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FrameMaker 11, I have set objects to be hotspots going to an external URL. When I generate a PDF, the hotspots work, but the tooltip text that I entered for each hotspot is not showing. Instead, when I hover over the hotspot, I see the URL. Is this a bug, or do I need to do something differently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFs only support "tooltips" for form fields/buttons in the form of pop-up boxes, links don't do this except for the external ones to URLs. I believe that the tooltip feature is meant more for HTML output via RoboHelp.

If you want tooltip behaviour in PDFs, check out Shlomo Perets' TimeSavers tools (Forms Assistant). Here's a demo of how "tooltips" work in PDFs:

http://www.microtype.com/showcase/FormAsst/SP_RolloverPop_demo.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Arnis! It helps to know that. The link you posted is not working. Was it removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there's an issue with the MicroType site, try again a little later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works for me? Try the site again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines