Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

{CS6} Copy and move a bezier shape

Apr 11, 2013 2:48 PM

I've created a bezier shape by setting pen to shape mode, set no fill, set stroke and stroke color. as descibed by posteer "Conroy" in a different thread.

I succedded in following an existing line (in a psd document) making one wavey line much heavier by using a bezier shape that fit it using the above settings.

Now I want to copy and move that shape over another faint line to make it much more visible in the same way.

In the inlined image the heavy wavy line on viewers right is the bezier shape made as described.  I want to copy it and paste it over

the other wavy line on the viewers left... you can see how faint it is.... I could think of no better way to make them heavier and more visible.

I'm not finding a handy way to copy paste the heavy shape/line.  How can that be done.

Is there a better way to do this from the start... that is, make the faint lines in psd document heavier and more visible.

2_PipeTemplates_trimmed.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 2:52 PM   in reply to HarryPutnam

Target the Shape layer that contains your thick line.

Activate the Move Tool (V).

Hold down Option/Alt key then drag the Shape over the thin line to create the required duplicate Shape.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points