Very simple BR: 1 menu with 1 button and 1 timeline. All media was transoded using AME.
Build starts at what seems to be a normal pace, then during the "Building Movies" stage it slows down to a crawl with 24 seconds left. Screenshot attached
1) Encore still seems to be working, at least it's churning away on one of my Mac Pro cores in Activity Monitor
2) It appears to be working on the file BDMV/DB/BDMV/STREAM/00001.m2ts as that file is slowly growing larger
3) The movie in the timeline is 4.1 GB, and there already is BDMV/DB/BDMV/STREAM/00003.m2ts which is 4.1 GB.
4) In the build progress, it already previously built a 4.1 GB movie
5) I think it is building the timeline a second time, this time transcoding the already transcoded file
Any thoughts on this nonsense?
Mac Pro 5,1
OS X 10.7.5
CS6 with all current updates
Some more info: the menu is the problem here. The menu background is a 2.5 second movie tht is just a 1 sec fade up on a title card. There is one button, which is an 8x8 graphic that sits in the top left corner (i.e., "invisible" button). This button links to the 1 timeline, which has an end action of returning to the menu. There is also a fade out movie that is the button transition. When I remove the fade in menu background, the build will complete, so this seems to be the problem. Screenshots of relevant tabs attached.
I noticed the transition, but did not see why that would be an issue. Almost suggested you do what you did - remove to see if it mattered.
I suspect the settings for the transition. change the transcode setting to automatic and see if Encore handles it.
I don't see anything that should cause this problem.
If the motion background is 2.5, you might try that (instead of 2.25) as the duration.
What are your default transcode settings? What is the motion background setting?
You might try changing that background setting to automatic, to see if that matters.