Skip navigation
Jessangela
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign Red stroke through my icons

Apr 11, 2013 4:24 PM

I joined Creative Cloud; downloaded InDesign and now have a red mark through my coulour icons - a forward slash as if they are not availbale?

Jess

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 5:38 PM   in reply to Jessangela

Hi  Jessangela,

can you please post some more details about the issue?

-which all icons are changed?

-A screenshot of it.

-what is your OS?

-are you able to launch Indesign successfully.

Thanks

Kapil Malik

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 5:51 PM   in reply to Jessangela

Hi,

Moving it to the product forum for expert advise.

Thanks

Kapil Malik

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to Jessangela

A screen shot would help, but I suspect you are just unfamiliar with selecting colors in ID. The None swatch has a line through it, and it does waht it says, applying no color at all, so if you use it as a fill there is nothing to prevent waht is bhind from showing through. This is the normal default fill color.

You can choose another color by selecting one of the other swatches inthe Swatches panel, or you can mix a color and apply it in the Color panel, or even double-click the fill box proxy in the toolbox or one of the panels and open the color picker (but be careful here as the color mode of your color inthe picker depends on which set of fields is active when you say OK).

In the toolbox there are three buttons below the stroke/fill proxies when you are using the two-column mode, or a single button with a triangle in the lower right corner that you can press and hold to expose the three options, Fill with color (the last solid color swatch selected), Fill with Gradient (last gradient used) or Fill with None. You may only be seeing the None option.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points