Skip navigation
rrkhayat
Currently Being Moderated

Website loading slowly?

Apr 11, 2013 5:19 PM

Hello community,

I was wondering what would cause my website to run slowly? How can I determine if it's the host or me. The host is godaddy in this case.

www.nailontheheadinc.com

The gallery images seem to be taking forever to load.

More information...

Image background is a gif

Images are less than 1MB a piece

Thanks,

Robert

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 5:24 PM   in reply to rrkhayat

The site is looking for files that it cannot find. That is because they are linked to your local machine as in

@import url("file:///E|/Drive/Google Drive/Sites/NOTH/Sitefinal/title2_0/stylesheet.css");

@import url("file:///E|/Drive/Google Drive/Sites/NOTH/Sitefinal/blackout1/stylesheet.css");
    @import url("file:///E|/Drive/Google Drive/Sites/NOTH/Sitefinal/blackout2/stylesheet.css");

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 5:38 PM   in reply to rrkhayat

I have a lightening fast fiber optics connection so I don't notice a lot of delay but there is some latency.  If you're on free or shared hosting plan with GoDaddy, good luck to you.  You get what you pay for.

I notice your background image is big. 721.96 kb (739,287 bytes) is about 7-1/2 times bigger than it should be. http://www.nailontheheadinc.com/grunge-construction1.gif

Gallery:

16 x approx. 100 kb = 16,000+ kb for full size images

16 x approx. 50 kb = 800+ kb for thumbnail images

This stuff is all cumulative.  You might try reducing image file size some more.  I try to keep thumbnails around 15 kb and full size images around 50 kb. 

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points