Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Slideshow Decoder issue

Apr 12, 2013 12:44 AM

Tags: #error #slideshow #encore #codec

I've seen a few people having this problem but haven't seen a solution that works. Spece/tech details are...

Windows 8 Pro 64Bit

32Gb Ram

1TB+ free space

Intel I7 3820CPU

Nvidia GTX 560Ti GPU

Master Suite CS6

All Software/OS updates applied.

I am trying to make a DVD slideshow.  I used the Photoshop actions to resize save as TIFF's all images as well using the actions to remove the flicker.

When I try to use the "Import As/Slideshow" fucntion in Encore I get the attached dialog box.  I have created a standard  Encore  project using only default settings.  I have re-run all alctions and created new Encore projects, same result every time.

encore error.jpg

I have installed quicktime/VLC/Codec Pak to ensure the the H 264 codec is installed and working, it is.

I stall get this problem, and Encore refuses to import any of my files.

Any help would be great.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2013 6:37 AM   in reply to edk01

Thanks for reporting your solution. Don't forget to mark your answer as "correct"!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 16, 2013 2:49 PM   in reply to edk01

I work with 16-bit Images too, and Scale to match my Project (am always doing this in PrPro, but it's the same). I always include a line in my Action to change the Bit-Depth to 8-bit, before doing the Save_As.

It would be the same, if I was working with CMYK Images (only do those for delivery to a printer), in that I would have a line in the Action to change Color Mode to RGB.

Glad that you found the issue and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points