Gus Cruz
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS5.1/5.5 Project flat lines during transcoding

Apr 12, 2013 2:53 AM

Tags: #cs5.5 #blu-ray #encore #build #bluray #cs5.1 #transcoding_fails

Encore CS5.1 Transcode issue.jpeg

Encore CS5.1 Transcode settings.jpeg

Premiere project.jpg

I have attempted to render this project out 5 times now. See attached screen shots. The transcoding just stops at the same point every time. I've left it for over 24 hours a few times and still cannot complete the transcode. I have even attempted to transcode directly to disc, transcode now using AME and no luck. I even removed some neat video noise reduction filters that I had on several clips which increased render times by about 8 hours and 3rd party transitions from the timeline and still no luck. I also eliminated the gaps at the end of the timeline in my sequence. I noticed a few other post with similar issues but it doesn't look like the issue was addressed. I just returned from NAB from which I received some scripts from one of the Adobe techs to clean out any possibly corrupt files and still cannot complete this project. I am going insane!!! It's 2:46 AM I need sleep. Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2013 5:17 AM   in reply to Gus Cruz

I think an overarching issue is that you have jam-packed the disc to the limit.  There's no margin for error in En's calculations, and En always makes errors in calculations.  That is likely the problem.  But in case it's not, try transcoding to H.264 Blu-ray in Pr.  I'm pretty sure you'll need to set the Multiplexer to TS for the next step to work.  Use the Replace Asset command to replace the dynamic link sequence in the En Project panel with the transcoded file from Pr.  The file transcoded in Pr should show up in your project as "Do Not Transcode" in the Blu-ray column.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 4:05 PM   in reply to Gus Cruz

Try then to transcode from Pr with Multiplexer set to None.  You'll get separate audio and video files.  You'll have to create a new timeline in En and add the audio and video files from Pr to it and re-create any chapter points you've done.  Be sure to delete your old timeline in En after.  As for export settings in Pr, use a bit rate calculator to figure your max bit rate.  Be sure to allow for video assets used in any menus you have planned for En.

The reason I'm suggesting all this is because after disc space, I suspect audio as the next likely culprit.

Here's a good bit rate calculator: DVD-HQ  Bitrate & GOP calculator © Rui del-Negro 2005

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 6:11 AM   in reply to Gus Cruz

Can you export a short section of your timeline successfully?  If so, then the simplest next step is to clean the Media Cache database.  Close and save your current project.  Create a new dummy project and go to Edit>Preferences>Media and press the Clean button.  See if you can export the full timeline.  If you can't export even a short section, then it's time for more fundamental cleanup and troubleshooting steps.  Read this document:

"Error compiling movie" when rendering or exporting with Premiere Pro CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6

Follow it and its associated documents all the way to conclusion.  Warning: it's not pretty.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points