Skip navigation
karen.w
Currently Being Moderated

Pictures have not all transferred to Revel although the message says the move is complete

Apr 12, 2013 2:28 AM

I received a message saying that the move from Photoshop to Revel is complete.  There are 173 of my most recent jpg pictures, dated from July, 2012 - March, 2013 that have not been moved. It looks like these pictures were not automatically backed up and synct the way they should have been by Photoshop. How can I get these pictures moved to Revel?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2013 11:13 AM   in reply to karen.w

Karen,

Your images should of been put in library titled Photoshop.com. Can you log in to Adoberevel.com, then in the upper left click and hold on the name to see if there is the library Photoshop.com there?

If it is not there let me know as I will look into this for you

Thanks

Scott

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 11:27 PM   in reply to karen.w

Karen-

To  be sure, all the files you are looking for were jpg files, right? Only jpg files are moved from photoshop.com to Revel.  Also, since you used the word sync, I want to be sure you are not expecting photos from Photoshop Elements to sync with Revel automatically. (Revel does not sync with Elements 8,9, or 10 like Photoshop.com did, but you can upload and download from Elements 11 to Revel)

Did you already have a Revel account when your files were migrated?  If you did not, then the photos would move to Karen's library. IF you already had an account, then they would be moved to Photoshop.com library as Scott mentioned. From your reply, it appears that you did not have an account and that photos were moved to Karen's library,  but you did not get as many photos there as expected. Is this correct? If you can clarify whether some or none of your photos were moved from photoshop.com and if some were moved, to which library, we can help you further.

thanks,

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 1:15 AM   in reply to karen.w

Karen-

All of your jpg files from Photoshop.com should have migrated to Revel. Since we have eliminated the issue of non jpg files, here are two other things to keep in mind:

1)Revel does look for duplicates and will only copy a file once. (is it possible that you had duplicates in more than one album?)

2) If files were in Elements that were not in Photoshop.com, they would not have been migrated since they were not synced first.

#2 sounds like the issue you are having since you are missing 173 files, and they seem to be the ones pending backup from Elements. Since you can no longer upload to Photoshop.com after migration, they will never be backed up there. Since migration has already occurred, they will not be migrated... I recommend you upload those 173 files to Revel)

Here is a link describing uploading:

FAQ: File Basics: How do I Upload, Download, Share, Move and Delete files in Revel?
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/5106054#5106054

If neither of those are the case and you believe that you have additional jpg  files that were in photoshop.com but that you can not see in Revel, let me know and I will dig deeper into the issue.

Thanks,

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 5:02 PM   in reply to Pattie F

Karen-

Since Photoshop.com is still open, your migrated files are still there as well as in Revel. Take a look and see if the files you want in Revel are there or not. As I described above, it seems as if you have files in Elements that never got uploaded to Photoshop.com, and therefore never were migrated. It is likely that the process worked as designed and that you will need to upload the remaining files from your computer to Revel.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks-

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to karen.w

You can certainly upload them easily from your hard drive if you know where they are. I'll have to look into what happens when you upgrade from Elements 9 to 11 and get back to you.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 12:30 PM   in reply to karen.w

I am waiting for a reply from the Elements team here. I will let you know the outcome shortly.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 10:14 AM   in reply to karen.w

Karen-

When you installed PSE11, it should have asked you to migrate your Catalog. If you answered no to the dialog then you can re-create a new Elements 11 Catalog based on your Elements 9 Catalog by doing this:

go to File>Manage Catalogs… and click the Convert button. Pick your Elements 9 Catalog and convert it.

Let me know if you are successful with this advice.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2013 1:29 AM   in reply to karen.w

Export photos from Elements 11 to Adobe Revel

#

You can export photos to a library in Adobe Revel from Elements Organizer.

• #
        In Elements Organizer, select the photos you want to export. Select File > Export To Adobe Revel or click the Share tab and click Adobe Revel.

•  

#
        Select the library from the Export To drop-down list and click Export.

Note:All exported images are converted to .Jpeg file format.

Export to library
      •  

#
        A message is displayed confirming the number of media exported successfully. Click OK.

You can Sign Out from the Import/Export workflow and sign in as a different user, if required. Click on triangle next to the Welcome, [Username] and click Sign Out.

These are useful links

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5114160#5114160

http://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/using/revel.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 2:50 PM   in reply to karen.w

As long as you have what you want in Elements 11 for sure.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points