Skip navigation
bleduc1
Currently Being Moderated

Trouble Installing InDesign

Apr 12, 2013 10:00 AM

I made a purchase to the download version of InDesign, and now I'm having a hard time installing it. The image below is an example of my download options. I already tried three links and none of them seem to be what I'm looking for. Can anyone please help?

Untitled.png

You can see below what I already tried downloading. That first file was just a folder with multiple languages. That second one, I canceled the download because I know from previous experience from another site that the file is not suppose to have that blank look. And I don't know what that third file was.

2.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2013 10:12 AM   in reply to bleduc1

.7z files are compressed archives, and yes, you need that one. It's is accessed and decompressed by the installer. The third file is the Akamai downloader. Did you download and read the file at the top of the list?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 10:17 AM   in reply to bleduc1

First file looks good. Second file looks blank because you don't have a Zip or Rar decompressor software installed on your PC. Download WinRaR from rarlabs : http://www.rarlab.com/rar/winrar-x64-420.exe . Once you've downloaded this you'll see the icon change for InDesign_8_LS16.7z. However, that doesn't matter. You have to download the second file i.e InDesign_8_LS16.7z. Without this, the download is incomplete.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to bleduc1

You should not extract the second file. Double clicking on the first file i.e the .exe file should automatically extract the contents of the 7z file. Finally you will see a consolidated folder on the desktop or the location where the exe is extracting the contents. Check the path before clicking next after you launch the .exe file. Go inside that folder and double click Setup to start installation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points