Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Duplicate File Found"

Apr 12, 2013 10:04 AM

Tags: #file #found" #"duplicate

Not sure what is going on. "Duplicate File Found" at disk build.

The first time I encoded with AME at too high a bit rate. I re-encoded at lower bit rate and deleting the original files. I then renamed the re-encoded files to the original filenames used in the project. I don't see any duplicate files anywhere.

Then I tried deleting all of the projects asset files and cleaned the media database. I then re-imported all file assets and rebuilt the DVD menues from scratch. I still get this message "Duplicate File Found".

I have run out of options other than wiping out the enitre project and starting from the very begining.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 12, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to GSC inc

So we are all on the same page, by DVD content,  you mean the "DVD-ROM Content" in the build tab?

Certainly there were various red flags, which you were trying to address:

"reencoded, deleted, renamed" and "copied a backup copy" are concepts that Encore is not fond of.

But how could you get a duplicate file, even in the ROM content?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 1:06 PM   in reply to GSC inc

Encore should not even care what is going into the "DVD-ROM Conten" folder.

I agree.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 4:02 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

I am having a related problem. (Mac OS 10.8.3)

My DVD-ROM Content is causing the DVD image build and DVD Master build to show "0 Objects" in the resulting disc image .iso and the physical DVD. There is not even a Video TS folder "visible".

However, the physical Video DVD will launch the DVD Player and play as expected when inserted into a computer. The DVD-ROM Content is of course not visible in the Finder as mentioned before.

I have authored a second DVD, also with DVD-ROM Content (Adobe PDF documents) and there doesn't seem to be a problem...

... I think that I have found the source of the Problem:

File names for the DVD-ROM Content must adhere to a standard naming convention.

-NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS-. (Blank spacing between words doesn't seem to cause this problem) 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to marq5.1

Hmm... I have several saved message links about "odd" file names causing problems... but those are about the direct files, not ROM files... very interesting

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/588273

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/666558

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/665641

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points