Skip navigation
Bleis-01
Currently Being Moderated

flash player 11.3 to 11.7.700.169 crash my sound card Creative audigy LS 5.1

Apr 12, 2013 3:55 PM

Tags: #5.1 #ls #audigy

flash player 11.3 to 11.7.700.169 crash my sound card Creative audigy LS 5.1, I Updated the sound card drivers, I run Windows XP pro, dirextx 9C 3GO ram, since winxp don't detected more then 3 GO over 4ram, I have a Nvidia video card but the video is not the issue here the audio is, ever since i updated flash player to 11.3 my sound keep crashing and no updated so far fix anything, I even tried to lower to 16 bit 48 mhz as suggested and that din't fix anything, I keep crash, also the only way to foix it I must manualy empty the temporary internet files and the temp files otherwise not even a reboot work, after i empty those files I need to reboot and the sound get back, I even tried to use the flash uninstall program before installing any updated, nothing work, i still get my sound card to crash...anyone know how to fix this issue? .I hope this will be fix soon, thank you.

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,448 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 12, 2013 4:29 PM   in reply to Bleis-01

Sometimes video and audio problems are caused at a lower level and not directly related to Flash Player.  I recommend trying both of the links below to see how they perform.  If the problem exists with both, then Flash Player is most likely not the culprit as the HTML5 video link does not use Flash Player when playing.  You can verify the use of HTML5 by right clicking the HTML5 video and looking for the words "About HTML5" at the bottom of the context menu.

Does this happen with just Internet Explorer or have you seen this also occur with other browsers?  Are you using 10.3 in the meantime?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,448 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 12, 2013 5:49 PM   in reply to Bleis-01

In your initial post you mentioned 11.3, not 10.3.  I would give our 10.3 release a try if you haven't already:

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows or Macintosh?

Does this happen with browsers other than Firefox?  Did you try the two links I posted above?  I suspect you're running into a conflict with our Protected Mode.  Please try the troubleshooting steps outlined in this FAQ:

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

In particular, I'd recommend temporarily disabling protected mode (for troubleshooting purposes only) to see if that addresses the issue.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 13, 2013 4:52 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

same problem here guys....

His sound card is not defect....it is adobe flash player itself causing troubles under the latest firefox....under i net explorer latest version all works perfect....i have a Soundblaster XFI TITANIUM PRO.....for example i open 2 windows - right i listen a song on youtube for example....on the left windows i surf and go to a site like www.auslogics.com/en/ or facebook chat or this site: speedtest-1.unitymedia.de - the sound immediately stops. I have to restart the whole browser, then the sound works again. By the way with the last version of adobe flash i never had troubles under firefox....i can truly say that this is a buggy version of flashplayer, not his hardware.....greetz from good ol' Germany.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

man it is the problem from adobe, not the problem from mister Bleis-01.....i hope that adobe does not bring out buggy versions of flash player again, this is not the first time adobe brought out a buggy thing....GREETZ!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2013 5:05 PM   in reply to Bleis-01

it is not the problem from your system, it is the problem that adobe brought out a buggy flash player - sadly again....try to get an older version from adobe flash player and you will see: all will work fine again. OR: live with that buggy flashplayer until adobe releases a new, non buggy flash player.....GREETZ!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 1:55 PM   in reply to biggyspender

i can live with that sound and performance problem under Firefox, but what if that adobe flash player holds a main bug - for example a big security hole? I mean if even the sound crashes and the player has bad performance - what if there is a big security hole inside? That makes me scared......and i will NOT use the Internet Explorer (there the flashplayer works perfectly)....i will always use Firefox, but that is only my humble opinion.....cause M$ has enough monopol.....

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,448 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 15, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to BastiHawks

I apologize to those effected by this bug.  We've been able to reproduce the issue internally and are in the process of investigating both fixes and workarounds.  If you haven't already, please take a minute and leave us a comment (or vote) over on this bug report:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3539635

Your feedback is important to us.  We will also update this bug report as new information becomes available.

For those looking for an immediate fix, I would like to suggest downgrading Flash Player to our latest 10.3 release.  The latest 10.3 build contains all of the most recent security updates and should provide a stable platform for audio and video.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows or Macintosh?

Chrome users will need to switch to the system version of Flash Player (NPAPI version) after installing the 10.3 release:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-goog le-chrome.html

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thanks Chris! Greetz from Germany, i hope ya solve that probs soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 4:40 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Ive jusmanaged to fix my issue. i installed google chrome,then flash player/adblocker for chrome,tried a video from the site in question,and it worked.

then i tried mozilla,and it worked also,so it MUST be a flash player issue on mozilla.

one more thing,you guys need to have a more accessible contact email address,as your method of contact is disgusting.sorry but its true

also,one more thing,have you guys any idea how difficult it is,to downgrade the flash player.sometimes it wouldnt let me downgrade.must be another issue eh lol

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,448 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 23, 2013 4:40 PM   in reply to Bleis-01

Our beta was released today that should fix the audio being cut off.  However, I doubt that will address the SB specific device issue.  Have you tried using the default OS drivers instead of the creative labs version?  Either way, I would recommend opening a bug on this if possible.

How do I report a Flash Player crash to Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2013 9:47 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Windows 8 64 bit will not allow the beta version(11.7.700.191) in Internet Explorer. It says something about Adobe Flash being built into Internet Explorer and it

can only be installed at Windows Update. Unfortunately, I removed the previous defective version that kept crashing the sound, and now I can't install

any version. The 10.3 version installed fine for Firefox, and the beta version too. How do we use the beta version for Internet Explorer?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 12:53 AM   in reply to ChasUGC

Flash Player for IE10/Win8 is provided by Microsoft; there is no beta version.

Download and reinstall the current version from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.h tml#main-pars_header_0

If you want to test the beta on Win8, do it on another browser like Firefox.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 12:33 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

First of all, it doesn't solve the problem with the sound crashing in Flash Player with IE.

Second of all, flash player does not show on Windows Update.

I actually tried the link provided days ago, and it said that the update was already installed,

despite the fact that there is no Flash Player installed for IE.

I removed the defective version and now I can't install any Flash Player for IE.

But, the beta version did solve the sound crashing problem in Firefox.

Now, if only Microsoft would provide this fix for Internet Explorer.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 12:39 AM   in reply to ChasUGC

Also, there is a beta version for IE from Adobe Labs, but it won't install.

See link where it says "for Internet Explorer Only".

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,448 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 25, 2013 3:51 PM   in reply to ChasUGC

Well, that's good to hear that the beta at least fixes the problem for you on Firefox.  Microsoft will be distributing the next Windows 8 Flash Player for Internet Explorer update on the normal patch Tuesday timeframe (May 14th) baring any unforeseen circumstances.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 8:22 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Thank you for the additional "helpful" information. And thanks to the Adobe staff for addressing this problem.

At least, I can get flash on Firefox. It was horrible constantly losing sound during the Lakers game.

Now, if only they would win. :-)

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,448 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 6, 2013 3:57 PM   in reply to Bleis-01

@bleis-01 - Given the number of CL sound cards out in the wild I would assume that this would be a more widespread and prevalent issue if there was a fundamental issue.  That said, I do think we'd like to take a look and I would encourage you to open a bug using the instruction faq I posted earlier in this thread.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points