• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager - Download Error

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud. I have downloaded the Application Manager. I open the manager, sign in and the it just comes up saying Download Error. Please contact customer support.

The application manager also doesn't appear in programmes. I thought if i uninstall it and reinstall it that might work but i can't actually uninstall it.

Any ideas?

I am using:

Windows 7 Enterprise - Service pack 1

64 bit operating system.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Ok.. here is how I solved this. This might be some help to everyone. In one of the forums there was advice for an issue where Creative Cloud Connection was constantly asking for ID, which is what precipitated this problem with Application Manager. I uninstalled Creative Cloud Connection and then:

I dragged my opm.db file by dragging it to the destop. I then went to redownload Creative Cloud Connection, which caused Adobe Application Manager to launch asking for my credentials and instead of the d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mattjstatkinson are you on a managed network?  If so then please contact your I.T. department so they are aware of the download difficulties you are facing.

If you are home user or on a non-managed network then please see Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html.  This document lists several common causes which may prevent you from being able to contact Adobe successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issues as have many other people it seems. The same manged network canned response is copied by Mr. Wright above. I have not seen any other sugguestions to this problem that seems persistent.

I have repeatedly followed all of these steps abice and in addition:

1. Used the "fix" someone else has suggested to download trial software in hopes that this would activate a subscription. That does not work for me as it only will accept a liscense key

2. Do not have any firewall softare turned on. But toggled it both in Software and directly turned off firewall in cable modem.router

3. Even downloaded an application to get network connectivty over my LTE phone, so no router was involved. That did not work either.

4. Did a complete clean install of my OS , whihc is MAC OS X 10.8.3. I did not copy over any settings, but I did copy my user file folder, but I copied over no apps so I could do a clean instal. Still getting this confounding message

My subscription will expire in one month. I think I am going just continue using the older versions of most of my Adobe products because it seems Adobe is not ready to be a true Cloud services compay.

I work in the media industry at a very large company that creates digital content. I am afraid that while Adobe is despaerately trying to position itself as a Cloud provider, the sort of frustrating non-addressable errors that are constantly being reported on this forum with regard to the Creative Cloud offering to me, means that Adobe is struggling in the space in which they must be a leader.

Get your Cloud Offering working. Get this issue fixed. I am not alone. You have a serious problem here. Stop just repeating the instructions above as they are not working. Get ahead of this. Start Communicating and get some of your big guns in on this so that they know this non-responsiveness and true inability to solve this prolem iscould jeaopardinze the entire Cloud Services strategy with the loss of credibility from a company that otherwise makes outstanding products, that it seems its customer service is lagging behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DDigStudio did you check your host file for any entries related to Adobe?  Did you also check your certificates to verify that the GlobalSign Root CA certificate was installed and enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did.

##

# Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.

##

127.0.0.1          localhost

255.255.255.255          broadcasthost

::1             localhost

fe80::1%lo0          localhost

globalsign.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One note though. I do have two Certs from GlobalSign   - one expires in 2014, the other in 2028.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok.. here is how I solved this. This might be some help to everyone. In one of the forums there was advice for an issue where Creative Cloud Connection was constantly asking for ID, which is what precipitated this problem with Application Manager. I uninstalled Creative Cloud Connection and then:

I dragged my opm.db file by dragging it to the destop. I then went to redownload Creative Cloud Connection, which caused Adobe Application Manager to launch asking for my credentials and instead of the dreaded Download Error it launched. This created a new opm.db file, which apparently now allows Applicatio Manager to load and work.

On Mac you can find the opm.db file located in this folder: <user>\Library\Application Support\Adobe\OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines